Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tired Mommy

Oh....I stayed up too late. After the fireworks and getting the boys to bed I stayed up and finished "My Sister's Keeper", by Jodi Picoult. It was good and it made me cry - not that that's too hard, but it was well written and the subject difficult to read at times. I just pray I don't have to ever make those types of decisions for my family.

Poor Caleb stayed in the living room during the firework show last night. He got so worked up about how loud they were going to be. He's got such a sensitivity to loud noises when he has no control over them. I got cotton balls to put in his ears and he and I stayed in the living room and watched through the closed window. The were very pretty. Brenden and his friends brought some of the illegal stuff that make me nervous. Caleb wouldn't even venture outside after we were all done. Max on the other hand loved them and was outside the whole time. Thankfully, Kari held him while Kim played with fire. I wish I could have been with him for his first firework show, but I wanted to also be with Caleb to help him stay calm. I guess I am, in a small way, making decisions that choose child over child.

Max woke up an hour later than he usually does, but that's still a few hours short because we were up so late. I hope he gets a good nap today. I hope I get a good nap today. I've got to do a little laundry, finish up my primary lesson, do some grocery shopping and go see my sister and mom and little Sam. I think I'll take some of my neighbor's hydrangeas. She usually lets me cut them. Brooke loves hydrangeas and I don't think she has any on her property. That's what I'll have to get her for her birthday. I'll have to offer my services as part of the present because I don't think she'll feel like planting anything for a while.

Playing rock band last night was fun. Brenden and his friends came over last night before the fireworks and we played for a bit. It's a lot more fun when you can fill the whole band and not just 2 instruments. I got to "sing" and I had a good time. Kim is such a control freak and wanted to dictate all the songs to sing instead of letting others choose. It about killed him to let me sing "The Last Train to Clarksville" by the Monkeys. I rocked it though. I love the Monkeys.

I'd better get going. Everyone is awake and up now, so the day must begin.

No comments: