Sunday, June 15, 2008

Coming along

We worked hard in our back yard today - or I guess now it's yesterday. Kim, of course, hurt his back again. The poor guy seems to be falling apart. It sure sucks to get old. He's got a real family history of back, knee and neck problems. I don't think he stands a chance. But there are pain pills to help him sleep, thank goodness. The yard is really starting to shape up. Our friend, Dana (a neighbor-Stephanie's friend), is trying to make money, so I'm hiring her to help me with some weeding. She came over for a little over an hour and got some good work done. William and Lupe came with her and Caleb had a blast talking to and playing with them. The weather was so nice today. It felt great to be outside. The boys loved it and were filthy. Caleb really helped me move rocks and Max sure tried hard, but he couldn't lift most of them. Kim used the line trimmer last night and got things looking much more manicured and the little rock border is almost done. I've been collecting rocks, and we're finally making good use of them. I'm kind of a rock freak. I guess it's because rocks have been around for so long. They are permanent and they've already "seen" what's gone on before.

Phil and Kari came over and gave Kim pictures of him with Caleb and with Max for Father's Day. The pictures are in nice frames and matted really cute. I love them too. They are always so thoughtful and generous with us.

Well, I guess it's time to kick Caleb out of my spot in our bed (poor kid wakes a lot and gets into our bed) and get some sleep. Morning comes really early when I stay up so late. Late to bed and early to rise doesn't quite work. But I'm loving this idea of keeping a journal in a creative way. I haven't decided to let others really read it yet, but it's good for me. I hope I can keep it up. It's a really good outlet.

No comments: